The Qualifying Round was attended by 71 teams from 31 universities of Vietnam, held on November 3, 2019
The Final Round was attended by 12 teams of Vietnam and 5 teams from other countries of ASEAN member, held on November 29, 2019
- Team Just ∫du It! (Vietnam) has been First Prize
- Team z3r0_n1ght and UIT-BEAN (Vietnam) have been Second Prize
- Team Nupakachi, KMA PeBois, ISITDTU (Vietnam) and Team Thai Lan have been Third Prize
- Other teams have been Consolation Prize
Contest 2019 is a CTF (Capture The Flag) competition for students of ASEAN countries to encourage students to study and cultivate practical and team-working skills on information security. This is an event that aims at fostering cultural and academic exchange between information security students in ASEAN.
This Contest has 2 rounds:
• The Qualifying Round of the Contest will take place on November 2nd, 2019, exclusively for Vietnamese teams to select 10 teams to compete in the Final Round with teams from ASEAN countries.
Contest format: Online practice competition on information security, held concurrently in all three regions within 8 hours. The contest is based on the "Capture The Flag" (CTF) format, in the form of Overcoming Challenges by subject (jeopardy) competed under a war game model. The competing teams shall be tested and assessed on the basis of their ability to attack their opponents’ computer networks and defend their own.
Contest specifications: Pwnable (Exploiting software error, buffer overflow, string format, shellcode etc.); Reverse engineering (reverse engineering software source code, unpack the packer, decode software protection); Web (Techniques to attack web applications); Network / Forensic (Investigating, analyzing, tracking digital evidence); Crypto / ACM (Decryption, attack cryptographic algorithms, use programming / algorithm skills to solve games, mazes etc.).
• The Final Round of the Contest will take place on November 29th, 2019 in Hanoi with the participation of the 10 best teams from the Preliminary (Qualifying) Round and teams 9 ASEAN countries.
Contest format: Online practice competition on information security, in the form of attack and defence within 8 hours
Vietnam Information Security Association office
Address: 2th floor, 155 An Trach St., Dist Dong Da, Hanoi.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (+84) 246 2901028
Hotline: (+84) 912 722971 (Mr Duc, staff of VNISA office).