ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security 2022
ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security 2023
Starting Round: Expected Oct 07th - Semifinals and finals: Expected Oct 28th
The contest is expected to take place as follows:
- June, 2023: Announcing contest regulations
- Jul, 2023: Inviting institutions to participate
- Aug, 2023: Application for Starting round starts
- Sep 15th, 2023: Deadline to send the registration for Starting Round
- Oct 07th, 2023: Starting round officially takes place online (expected)
- Oct 28th, 2023: The Semifinal and Final round officially takes place (expected)
Students from all universities, institutions, colleges throughout Vietnam and ASEAN countries are eligible to register. The maximum members for each team is no more than 04.
The contest consists of 03 rounds: Starting round, Semifinal round and Final round. All teams will compete with each other in information security knowledge and skills following CTF format.
All contestants must oblige to the contest regulations and must participate in the contest no more than twice (see more regulations).
ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security (ASCIS) is Capture the Flag contest (see more ctf.vnisa.org.vn) for students from higher-education institutions in ASEAN (up to 04 students from the same institution shall form a team). This year marked the 16th time the contest is organized for Vietnamese students and the fifth time its eligibility is expanded to include students from ASEAN region.
The contest is an important activity of the annual event “Vietnam Information Security Day” organized by VNISA under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) and the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) of Vietnam.
- Starting round: 161 teams from Vietnam and ASEAN joined online.
- Qualifying round: 72 participating teams from Vietnam and 40 teams from ASEAN.
- Final round: 10 teams from Vietnam and 10 teams from ASEAN country members.
- UIT.pawf3ct team won First Prize