On October 28th, 2023, the Final Round of the ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security 2023 was held simultaneously at competition clusters in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and ASEAN.
Exam room in Hanoi
There are 115 teams participating in the Final round, including:
- The competition cluster in Hanoi has 35 teams from 14 schools, competing at the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology
- The competition cluster in Ho Chi Minh City has 45 teams from 19 schools, competing at Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology.
- The ASEAN exam cluster has 35 teams from 20 schools in the remaining 9 ASEAN member countries, participating completely online.
This year’s Final Round is not divided into groups, candidates take the test in 9 hours, divided into 02 stages:
- Phase 1: Teams take the Jeopardy test in 4 hours.
- Phase 2: 20 excellent teams of phase 1 compete in the “Attack-Defense and Jeopady” tournament, which lasts for 5 hours in the form of Attack-Defense. The remaining teams continue to compete in Jeopardy format for 05 hours to compete for the “Jeopardy” prize.
Exam room in Ho Chi Minh City
Jeopardy phase 2 teams have fierce competition for the top positions. However, during the Attack-Defense competition, an unforeseen technical error occurred, causing the final competition of the Attack and Defense content to be unable to be completed and the Organizing Committee decided:
- Recognizing results and awarding prizes to Jeopardy final teams
- Organize the Attack-Defense final retake in online form on November 11, 2023 and award this category at the Vietnam Information Security Day 2023 Conference (November 30, 2023 at Melia Hotel Hanoi)
- Nominate the team with the highest ranking in phase 1, Nu_RobinHust of Hanoi University of Science and Technology, to participate in the Cyber Sea game 2023 competition.
VNISA Chairman Nguyen Thanh Hung and Major General Nguyen Tung Hung awarded the Jeopardy First Prize to team Galacticos-4869 from the Academy of Cryptographic Technology
Delegates took souvenir photos with the organizers, judges and contestants at the exam cluster in Hanoi
VNISA Vice President Ngo Vi Dong and Head of the Southern Jury Vo Van Khang awarded the Jeopardy award at the competition in Ho Chi Minh City.
Delegates took souvenir photos with the organizers, judges and contestants at the exam cluster in Ho Chi Minh City
|List of 20 excellent teams of phase 1 entered to compete for the Attack-defense & jeopardy award (retake online on November 11th, 2023):|
List of Jeopardy awards
|1||KMA.Galacticos-4869||Academy of Cryptography Techniques||First|
|2||HCMACT-H.O.P.E||Academy of Cryptography Techniques HCM||Second|
|3||ISIT-DTU2||Duy Tan University|
|4||MSEC_HUNT3R||Military Technical Academy|
|5||HCMACT-Rotation||Academy of Cryptography Techniques HCM||Third|
|6||_g9_||FPT Hanoi University|
|7||Nu_b1n4rY||School of Information and Communications Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology|
|8||FPT.0rd3rs||FPT HCM University|
|9||HCMUS.Ramos_Gin_Fizz||University of Science – VNUHCM|
|10||Pwnhub||Ho Chi Minh city University of Technology||Consolation|
|11||UIT.EXOcism||University of Information Technology|
|12||FUDA-1||FPT Danang University|
|13||CyberMasters||FPT Danang University|
|14||ASC||FPT Danang University|
|15||ISIT-DTU3||Duy Tan University|
|16||UET.binary||VNU University of Engineering and Technology|
|17||PTIT.R4c1ngBoizzz||Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology|
|18||HCMUS.Corpse_Reviver_2||University of Science – VNUHCM|
|19||IUSec_1||International University – VNUHCM|
|20||IUSec_2||International University – VNUHCM|